Three in-person weekends followed by three semi-private practices.
January 19 – 23, 2019
February 23 – 27, 2019
March 23 – 27, 2019
What we’re offering is teacher training Jen & Cory style! 😉 We’re calling it a Teacher Development Program (but, I’m realizing that I like better “Yogi” development, because really that’s what it’s all about) and we’ve designed it with experienced committed yoga students and teachers in mind. If you are looking to increase their understanding of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, deepen your practice, and develop teaching skills this is for you.
There are many options for yogis looking to become teachers – this program is different because it is focused on development of your practice as the experiential foundation from which you teach. It is a requirement of the program to practice in the Ashtanga Mysore method a minimum of 5 days per week under our direction at Flow Yoga Center in Washington, DC.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is the foundation for nearly all vinyasa classes taught in the United States today. The vast majority of teachers do not have a working knowledge of this system. This training will equip you with that knowledge and as such elevate your ability to teach all forms of vinyasa yoga.
The 3 month program will include the following:
· Minimum 5 days/week Mysore practice*
· Observation of Mysore practice/teaching
· Adjustment clinics
· Hands on adjusting of Jen and Cory with feedback
· Yoga Philosophy – emphasis on The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
· Anatomy – physical and energetic
· Working with modifications, props and injuries
· Vinyasa count clinic
· Ashtanga Pranayama
· On-line group training/Q & A sessions
*Morning or evening at Flow – unless alternative agreed upon arrangements are necessary.
· Get more than 200 hours of high quality development hours
· Become knowledgeable of the primary and intermediate series postures of Ashtanga
· Learn to teach and adjust Primary Series postures confidently
· Develop the ability to lead a traditional count Primary Series class
· Develop teaching language skills
· Progress in your own Ashtanga – 8 limbs – practice
· Become capable of speaking to the principles of The Yoga Sutras and the relationship between Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and the 8 limbs (Ashtanga) of Patanjali
Plus, the program will be limited to 15 students max, so you’ll get lots of attention.
*You must have a daily (minimum 4 times per week for 1 year) to apply to this program. This training is not suitable for anyone that is new to yoga.